Business Development Director
If the thought of sitting behind a desk all day gives you itchy feet, this could be the job for you. You will be required to spend a large amount of time visiting new and current clients, organizing group meetings and attending industry networking events.
As the driving force behind generating new sales leads and contacts, a successful business development manager is a highly-prized asset to any company.
You will be on the front lines of external innovation, identifying opportunities and new target business opportunities for your company. When you are dealing with a new business, the job requires a lot of creative thinking to spot new opportunities and to establish rapid growth within the new market place.
Potential jobs in this field
- Business Development Manager
- Business Development Director
- Strategy Director
Potential Degrees Needed
- Bachelor's Degree
Meet a BD Director
Hear from an actual person doing the job.
Types of things you'll do
- Identify strategic opportunities for in-licensing, co-marketing and acquisitions
- Develop growth strategies and plans
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients In-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Write business proposals
- Negotiate with stakeholders