Customer Service Representative
A customer service representative is a frontline employee for a company. Customer service is one of the most important positions and often a deciding factor for consumers on where they give their business.
This position is all about helping customers by knowing products and services, answering questions, and assisting in troubleshooting. Rather than responding to customer communication, their work is more proactive because it aims to solve problems before the customer recognizes them. These employees diffuse stressful situations and work with frustrated customers to prevent potential loss of business.
Customer service representatives require patience, critical thinking, and excellent professional telephone skills. Customer service reps get to work in a fun environment surrounded by co-workers who often are the best source of help.
Potential Degrees Needed
- High School Diploma
Types of things you'll do
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Know company's products inside and out so that you can answer questions
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- Communicate with customers through various channels
- Acknowledge and resolve customer complaints
- Process orders, forms, applications, and requests
- Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, comments and complaints
- Communicate and coordinate with colleagues as necessary
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support